Policy Exchange invites you to a major conference on the eve of the first ever elections for Police & Crime Commissioners (PCCs). Held three weeks before elected PCCs take office, this high-level conference will focus attention on the early priorities PCCs might set, how they can work effectively with others and the necessary steps they will need to take to prepare for office.
The conference will provide a unique opportunity to gather together PCC candidates (from all parties and independents), businesses and charities to debate the key challenges and opportunities facing them as they prepare for office.
Delegates will also receive a complimentary digest of our key publications on policing and crime, along with relevant data providing an insight to the challenges and opportunities for improvement in different police force and criminal justice areas.
The conference will begin at 10:00am and will include a buffet lunch and a drinks reception to close the day.
10.00 | Arrival and Refreshments
10.30 | Welcome from Kay Burley, Sky News
11.00 - 12.00 | The Role of the Private Sector
- Drusilla Sharpling CBE, Inspector for the Western Region, HMIC
- Tim Brain OBE, QPM, Former Chief Constable of Gloucestershire
- Helen Turnbull, Director of Police Markets, Capita
- Edward Boyd, Research Fellow, Policy Exchange
12.00 - 13.00 | Lunch
13.15 - 14.15 | The First 100 Days in Office
- Lord Wasserman, Government Advisor on Policing and Criminal Justice
- Zoe Billingham, Inspector for the Eastern Region, HMIC
- Mark Castle, Chief Executive, Association of Police & Crime Commissioners
- Baroness Newlove, Government Champion for Active, Safer Commuities, DCLG
14.15 - 15.15 | The Media, Crime and Policing
- Michael White, Assistant Editor, The Guardian
- Rt Hon Hazel Blears MP
- Rory Geoghegan, Research Fellow, Policy Exchange
- Joe Twyman, Director of Political and Social Research, YouGov
15.30 | Keynote Speech with Rt Hon Damian Green MP
16.00 | Networking Drinks Reception
Who Should Register?
This event is aimed at all those with an interest in policing – be they from the private, public or voluntary sectors – and especially confirmed PCC candidates who are running for election on 15 November in England and Wales.
Spaces at this event are limited and tickets are on sale now. Special rates apply for confirmed PCC candidates and guests from the public/voluntary sectors.
* FREE FOR PCC CANDIDATES *
Basic Ticket price: £150 + VAT
Discount for Policy Exchange Business Forum members, Public Sector and Charity Sector workers: £97.50 + VAT
Should you like more information about joining the Policy Exchange Business Forum, please contact Jacqueline Riozzi, Head of External Affairs, on: